Position title: Tourism/hospitality Value Chain expert
Location: SDA NGO, Yerevan, Armenia
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Take responsibility to carry out multiple assignments to help meet the overall and specific objectives of the Project related to development in tourism/ hospitality VC. Make an input in a joint effort to effectively and efficiently condense all aspects of the Project to promote sustainable and inclusive tourism.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take leadership and overall responsibility for achieving set outcomes/ outputs of the Project;
- Develop Project work plans in line with the Project proposal;
- Ensure the effective preparation and delivery of all project events and meetings;
- Responsible for developing and delivering all related Project documents, including progress reports, technical documentation, communication materials, presentations, etc.; ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured;
- Develop effective networking and cooperating with tour operators, agents, HORECA representatives, relevant associations etc.
- Provide leadership and strategic thinking, communicate Project expectations to the team members, experts, Project partners and relevant stakeholders to ensure proper implementation of the planned activities;
- Review the strategy of the Project interventions under the guidance of the Project Management team regularly to ensure that it contributes to the Project’s overall goal and objectives;
- Cooperate with project managers and staff for inter-connected cross-project activities;
- Provide support in policy advocacy, fundraising and proposal development when required;
- Represent and promote the Project in meetings, workshops, conferences, and symposiums to present project activities and achievements, organize training courses, workshops and seminars, within the frames of the Project;
- Develop TORs for short-term and long-term consultants and monitor the work of the consultants to ensure the deliverables as TORs.
- Other assignments and tasks set by the management of the organization
- Graduate-level degree in the relevant field, preferably related to tourism or management;
- At least 2 years of work experience in a relevant position. Tourism development projects experience will be an advantage;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English and Armenian languages;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Demonstrated experience in liaising and cooperating with the local administrations, NGOs and private sector;
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills;
- Ability to relate convincingly and credibly with diverse audiences, including senior executives;
- Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to get things done and a high sense of responsibility;
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the SDA NGO: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity;
- Ability and willingness to travel countrywide (at least 50% of the time).
Internal – Interact extensively with other departments at SDA NGO and SDA NGO branches through the network.
External – Interact with governmental institutions, local communities, donors, NGOs, media, and other programmes and projects with related objectives and activities.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the tasks anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.