Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO, SME Development National Centre of Armenia (SME DNC), “Spitak-Farmer” NGO (SFA), “Armavir Development Centre” NGO (ADC) and SYUN Consulting-Educational NGO (Syun) since Jan 2017 started implementing the joint initiative “Boosting competitiveness of regional SMEs, as a core precondition for regional economic development”, funded by European Union (EU) Delegation to Armenia, Pilot Regional Development Program (PRDP) – Armenia.
The overall objective of the Action is to boost competitiveness of regional SMEs and create sustainable employment opportunities in Lori (Spitak, Vanadzor, Stepanavan, Tumanyan), Syunik (Sisian, Goris, Tatev) and Armavir (Armavir, Baghramyan, Vagharshapat) marzes of Armenia.
Action leads directly to the following two major results:
– Creation of at least 60 new sustainable jobs at a local level
– Increased competitiveness of at least 100 local enterprises
The targeted groups are the following:
– Young adults (especially qualified and/or unemployed ones) seeking jobs or having viable business ideas ready to start a new business in the three target regions
– Start-ups (legally operating for up to three years) and operating SMEs having high growth potential (operating in priority sectors of economy defined by the Armenian Development Strategy (ADS) (with particular focus on food processing and tourism), and demonstrating positive economic performance during the last three years)
– Stakeholders on local level responsible or committed to private sector development: local administrations, business development service providers (NGOs, local employment agencies, business associations, private entities, etc.).